You may have seen in the media that we will soon be offering a third dose covid vaccination to anyone over the age of 12 who was severely immunosuppressed at the time of their first or second dose.
This includes the following people:
- being treated for acute or chronic leukaemia at the time of vaccination
- with advanced Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Aids
- who have had a stem-cell transplant in the past two years
- who have had therapy for a solid-organ transplant in the six months before vaccination
- who have had immunosuppressive chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the six months before vaccination
- who have had high doses of corticosteroids in the month before vaccination
Please be aware that those eligible for a third dose will be contacted as soon as possible, to discuss their needs and arrange an appointment for a third dose. These patients will not need to contact the practice.
It is also recommended that individuals are reminded that household contacts of those who are immunosuppressed are advised to be vaccinated. Individuals aged 17 ¾ and over can book via the National Booking System and children aged 12 and over should contact the practice.