Our policy is designed to ensure and promote equality and inclusion, supporting the ethos and requirements of the Equality Act 2010 for all visitors of our practice.
The aim of this policy is to remove any potential discrimination in the way that people with protected characteristics are cared for by the Practice. This means we take into account the needs of all patients and will not treat someone less favourably because of their age, disability, gender reassignment (including trans status), gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to:
- ensuring that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- promoting equality of opportunity between men and women
- providing the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the practice) to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, religion or belief
This policy applies to the general public, including all patients and their families, visitors and contractors.
Discrimination by the Practice or Visitors / patients against you.
If you feel discriminated against:
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Practice Manager
- Our Practice Manager will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 14 working days
- Our Practice Manager will establish the facts and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 14 working days
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through our Complaints Procedure
Discrimination against our Practice staff
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor who expresses any form of discrimination against or harassment of any member of our staff will be required to leave the practice premises immediately. If the visitor is a patient they may also be removed from the practice list if any such behaviour occurs at the discretion of the Practice Management.